About the Authors
- Jakob M. A. Mauritz, Alessandro Esposito, Clemens F. Kaminski
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Jakob M. A. Mauritz, Alessandro Esposito, Teresa Tiffert, Virgilio L. Lew
- Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Hagai Ginsburg
- Department of Biological Chemistry, Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
- Clemens F. Kaminski
- School of Advanced Optical Technologies, Max-Planck-Research Group, Division III, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: VLL. Performed the experiments: JMAM. Analyzed the data: JMAM. Wrote the paper: JMAM AE VLL. Adapted the original software for the numerical simulations: JMAM AE VLL. Contributed with model design, analysis of model simulations, formulation of the colloid-osmotic hypothesis, and editing of the manuscript: HG CFK TT.